Q: How long will it take to complete this project?
The project is scheduled to begin in May or June and be substantially completed in October/November, 2018. The project will be broken up into phases so that not every block will be under construction at once.
Q: What work will be done on the project?
- Replacement of the sanitary sewer system along all of the Hopkins Streets.
- Replacement of the watermain system along all of the Hopkins Streets.
- Replacement of sewer and water services along all of the Hopkins Streets.
- Storm sewer replacement throughout various locations in the project area.
- Street pavement reconstruction along Texas Ave S, Division St, Cambridge St, Oxford St, Murphy St, and Lake St NE.
- Pavement rehabilitation of the existing asphalt alley south of Lake ST NE and west of Texas Ave S.
- 5 ft concrete bike lanes on both sides of Texas Ave S.
- 5 ft concrete sidewalk on the east side of Texas Ave S.
Q: Will streets be closed during the project?
During working hours, 7 AM to 7 PM M-F and 8 AM to 6 PM on Saturday as necessary, some access will be restricted as the street is under construction. The City will work with the contractor to minimize the duration and extent of closures.
Q: Is there someone I can talk to about specific construction related issues or concerns at my property?
Nick Amatuccio is the Project Engineer and can be reached at 612-965-3926 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Josh Hrabe of Bolton & Menk is typically on-site during construction and will be serving as a liaison between property owners/residents and the contractor. Leading up to and during construction, Josh can be reached at 612-965-2473 or email@example.com