2017 Lanesboro Street & Utility Improvements
The City of Lanesboro is planning the 2017 Street & Utility Improvement project, which includes improvements along Auburn Avenue, Circle Drive, and Zenith Street. The proposed project includes the reconstruction of Auburn Avenue, Circle Drive, and a portion of Zenith Street. Reconstruction will include replacement of pavement, addition of curb & gutter, as well as construction of sanitary sewer, storm sewer and some water service replacements. The easterly portion of Zenith Street, on top of the hill, will be improved through an asphalt overlay.
The project was evaluated by the City Council in several stages. On March 7, 2016, the City Council ordered a feasibility report to evaluate improvements along Auburn Avenue, Circle Drive, and Zenith Street. On August 10, 2016, the City Council accepted the feasibility report and called for a hearing on the proposed improvements.
A neighborhood informational meeting was held on August 25, 2016. The Improvement Hearing was held on September 6, 2016, and the City Council ordered the improvement and the preparation of plans and specifications on October 3, 2016.
Construction is planned for summer 2017.
Map & Documents
- Project Map and Summary of Alternatives 9-14-16
- Cost Reduction Alternatives Memo 9-6-16
- Neighborhood Meeting Presentation 8-25-16
- Preliminary Report Presentation 8-1-16
- Preliminary Engineering Report 7-25-16
- October Newsletter #12 10-27
- October Newsletter #11 10-4
- September Newsletter #10 9-26
- September Newsletter #9 9-6
- August Newsletter #8 8-18
- July Newsletter #7 7-31
- July Newsletter #6 7-12
- June Newsletter #5 6-23
- June Newsletter #4 6-17
- June Newsletter #3 6-17
- May Newsletter #2 4-17
- October Newsletter #1 10-20
Brian P. Malm