City of Spring Valley 2016 Street Improvement Project
The City of Spring Valley is planning to complete the 2016 Street Improvement Project, which will include improvements along Lyndale Avenue from Farmer Street to Tracy Road (CSAH 8) and Fremont Street from South Broadway Avenue to Section Avenue (TH 63). The proposed improvements include the replacement of the existing sanitary sewer and watermain systems, bituminous surface, curb and gutter, and the addition of concrete sidewalk. The reconstruction will also include the replacement and addition of storm sewer to improve drainage along the street and provide an outlet for sump pumps.
The estimated cost of the proposed improvements is $1,410,000. Funding for the proposed improvements is proposed to come from the sale of an improvement bond, to be repaid through special assessments, enterprise funds and ad valorem funds.
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting, Lyndale Avenue – June 17, 2015
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting, Fremont Street – August 5, 2015
- Prepare Feasibility Report – September 2015
- Improvement Hearing – October 26, 2015
- Bid Opening – February 10, 2016
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting – March 9, 2016
- Assessment Hearing – March 14,2016
- Award Contract – March 28, 2016
- Begin Construction – May 2016
- End Construction - October 2016 (all work except final wearing course and punch list, which will be completed by June 2017)
Senior Engineering Technician firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: 507-208-4332 x 3032