City of Wabasha 2019 Street Improvements
The City of Wabasha is planning a project for 2019 that will include mill and overlay improvements along the following streets:
- 10th Street West from Church Avenue to Hiawatha Drive West
- Arch Avenue from Hiawatha Drive to 7th Street West
- Alleghany Avenue from 8th Street West to Hiawatha Drive West
- 8th Street West from Alleghany Avenue to Pembroke Avenue
- Franklin Avenue from Main Street to 2nd Street East
- Jefferson Avenue from 2nd Street East to 3rd Street East and from Market Street East to 10th Street East
- 12th Street East from Franklin Avenue to Broadway Avenue
- Market Street East from Milligan Avenue to Pierce Avenue
- Milligan Avenue from Market Street East to 9th Street East
- 9th Street East from Broadway Avenue to Hiawatha Drive South
- Pierce Avenue from 8th Street East to 12th Street East
- Augustin Avenue from Rustic Lane to Rustic Lane
- Rustic Lane from Augustin Avenue to Angelique Street
- River Drive South from Angelique Avenue to City limits
The project will be very similar to the mill and overlay projects completed in 2014 and 2016 on the west side of town. Mill and overlay improvements generally involve grinding up the top layer of asphalt and then placing a new layer of asphalt. The project will also involve replacement of existing asphalt curb, and localized spot repair of concrete curb.
As with the 2014 and 2016 projects, assessments will be levied against the adjacent benefitting properties.
- Prepare Feasibility Report – September 2018
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting – October 30, 2018
- Improvement Hearing – November 1, 2018
- Neighborhood Informational Design Meeting – January 2019
- Bid Opening – February 2019
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting – March 2019
- Award Contract – April 2019
- Assessment Hearing – April 2019
- Begin Construction – May 2019
- End Construction – September 2019
Office: 507-208-4332 x1264
Maps & Documents
Construction updates will be posted here as they become available.
Newsletters will be posted here as they become available.