City of Lewiston – 2018 Street & Utility Improvements
The City of Lewiston is planning the 2018 Street & Utility Improvement project, which includes improvements along Rice Street, First Street, Second Street, Country Club Drive and Benike Street. As part of the project, these streets will be completely reconstructed, which includes replacement of street surfacing & base, curb & gutter, as well as watermain, sanitary sewer and storm sewer utilities.
The total cost of the proposed improvements is currently estimated to be $5,067,000.00. Special assessments will be levied against properties along each street, in accordance with the City’s assessment policy.
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting – May 23, 2017
- Prepare Feasibility Report – October 2017
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting – November 2, 2017
- Neighborhood Informational Design Meeting – February 2018
- Bid Opening – April 5, 2018
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting – April 2018
- Award Contract – April 28, 2018
- Begin Construction – May 2018
- End Construction – October 2018 [all work except final wearing course and punch list, which will be completed in June 2019]
Senior Engineering Technician
Office: 507-208-4332 x3032
Office: 507-208-4332 x1264
Office: 507-208-4332 x3116
Maps & Documents
- Construction updates will be posted here as they become available.