At the time the Bojangles Coliseum was first built in 1955, it was the largest unsupported dome in the world and the first free-spanning dome in the United States. Bolton & Menk was retained by the City of Charlotte and the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority to provide civil engineering and landscape architecture services on the 40,000 SF expansion building that links the Bojangles auditorium and coliseum together. The auditorium-coliseum has hosted more than 19,000 events since its opening. The design of the plaza relates to the existing historic site and matches the architecture of the proposed building. The Connector facility houses offices and event spaces for both Bojangles and Ovens.
Charlotte Business Journal – Heavy Hitters Commercial Real Estate Awards FINALIST