City of Spring Valley – 2018 Street & Utility Improvements
The City of Spring Valley is planning the 2018 Street & Utility Improvement project, which includes improvements along South Washington Avenue, Fremont Street, Franklin Street, High Street, Church Street, and Park Street. As part of the project, these streets will be completely reconstructed, which includes replacement of street surfacing & base, curb & gutter, as well as watermain, sanitary sewer and storm sewer utilities.
The total cost of the proposed improvements is currently estimated to be $5,600,000.00. Special assessments will be levied against properties along each street, in accordance with the City’s assessment policy.
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting – May 11, 2017
- Prepare Feasibility Report – September 2017
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting – October 19, 2017
- Improvement Hearing – October 23, 2017
- Neighborhood Information Design Meeting – January 30, 2018
- Bid Opening – March 7, 2018
- Neighborhood Informational Meeting – April 2018
- Award Contract – April 2018
- Assessment Hearing – April 2018
- Begin Construction – May 2018
- End Construction – October 2018 [all work except final wearing course and punch list, which will be completed in June 2019]
Senior Engineering Technician
Office: 507-208-4332 x3032
Office: 507-208-4332 x1264
Office: 507-208-4332 x3117
Maps & Documents
- Construction updates will be posted here as they become available.