Q: How long will it take to complete this project?
The project is scheduled to begin in April or as soon a weather cooperates and be substantially completed in October/November, 2017. The project will be broken up into phases so that not every block will be under construction at once.
Q: What work will be done on the project?
- Replacement of the sanitary sewer system along W & E Park Valley Dr, 5th Ave S, and 7th St S from 9th Ave S to the easterly dead end. Trenchless sanitary lining will also occur on 9th Ave S, 6th Ave S from 7th St S to 8th St S, and 7th St S from 11th Ave S to 9th Ave S.
- Replacement of the watermain system along W & E Park Valley Dr, 5th Ave S, 6th Ave S, 9th Ave S, 10th Ave S, 6th St S, and 7th At S.
- Replacement of sewer and water services along W & E Park Valley Dr, 5th Ave S, 6th Ave S, 9th Ave S, 10th Ave S, 6th St S, and 7th At S.
- Storm sewer replacement throughout various locations in the project area.
- Street pavement reconstruction along W & E Park Valley Dr, 5th Ave S, 6th Ave S, 9th Ave S, 10th Ave S, 6th St S, and 7th At S.
- Milling & Overlaying the asphalt surface along 7th Ave S, 8th Ave S, and 8th St S.Concrete paving of the existing gravel section of alley between 10th Ave S and 11th Ave S to the south of 5th St S.
- Pavement rehabilitation of the existing asphalt alley east of 6th Ave S and north of 8th St S.
- 10 ft wide asphalt trail on the south side of 7th St S from 11th Ave S to 9th Ave S and on the west side of 9th Ave S from 7th St S to Westbrook Way which will connect to the existing Nine Mile Creek Regional Trail.
During working hours, 7 AM to 7 PM M-F and 8 AM to 6 PM on Saturday as necessary, some access will be restricted as the street is under construction. The City will work with the contractor to minimize the duration and extent of closures.
Q: What options are there to pay my special assessment for the project?
Several options are available, including:
- Prepaying the amount in part or in full before it is certified to the Hennepin County tax roll
- Letting the assessment be added to your tax bill over the next 15 years (not a separate bill, a line item included with your regular tax payment)
- Deferring payment of the assessment until a later date (property owner must qualify based on several factors)
Most commonly, property owners tend to choose the 2nd option. Property owners are encouraged to review their options in detail, including the deadlines for each option and interest on the assessments. More detail on the options can be found in the presentation given at the 2nd neighborhood meeting found in the project documents section, specifically slides 24 – 33. A link directly to the presentation is here. Assessment Informational Meeting 2 Presentation
Josh Hrabe of Bolton & Menk is typically on-site and will be serving as a liaison between property owners/residents and the contractor. Josh can be reached at 612-965-2473 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Named one of the very best workplaces in the State of Minnesota! We’re proud to rank in the Top 50 on the list, and even prouder that we were voted in by our own employees.